1. Cancellation of the full booking within 7 days of the commencement of the booking will result in the full boarding fees being due for payment.
2. Cancellation of the full booking within 7-28 days of the commencement of the booking will result in 50% of the full boarding fees being due for payment.
3. In the event of owners returning before the end of the boarding period booked, the full period booked will be charged. There are no discounts or refunds for early collections. The dates that were originally booked and confirmed are deemed the charging period, and there are no refunds provided for early collection of your cat (s).
4. Boarding accounts must be settled on the arrival of your cat(s), minus the deposit paid in advance of boarding.
5. Payment can be made by cash or cheque. If paying by cheque, the outstanding balance must be settled when dropping the cat(s) off for boarding.
6. Boarding fees are charged per day, including the day of arrival and departure.
7. A 25% deposit of all boarding costs will be required at the time of booking.
8. Only cats from the same household may share one lodge.
9. Door-to-door collection/delivery service is available at a charge of £3 per mile (£15 minimum charge per journey).
10. Any additional costs incurred by us, such as flea treatments etc., are payable upon collection of your cat(s)
11. When the booking is made, an appointment time will be agreed upon for the drop-off of your cat(s). If you are delayed or need to change the drop-off or collection time, you must do this by pre-arrangement by telephone.
12. Drop off’s outside of our published opening hours will incur an additional fee that will be agreed prior to arrival.
13. Owners must produce an up-to-date vaccination certificate upon arrival at The Willows Cattery.
14. No cat suffering from, or suspected of suffering from, any infectious or contagious disease will be accepted for boarding. The Willows Cattery reserves the right to refuse admission to any cat showing signs of ill health pending advice from a veterinary surgeon. Owners will appreciate that this is essential in order to safeguard the health and well-being of all cats boarded at The Willows Cattery.
15. Any veterinary fees incurred whilst in the cattery are to be paid by the client. You will be asked to sign to consent that whenever necessary, you agree to your cat(s) being examined and treated by a veterinary surgeon of the catteries choice. Under no circumstance will The Willows Cattery be held accountable or blamed for any actions taken on your behalf.
16. The emergency contact that you supply will, in the absence of us being able to contact you, authorise any veterinary treatment needed and will speak directly with the clinic in relation to payment and insurance policies where applicable.
17. The Willows Cattery reserve the right to charge an appropriate fee for veterinary visits with your cat.
18. When the booking is made, an appointment time will be agreed upon for the collection of your cat(s). If you are delayed or need to change the drop-off or collection time, you must do this by pre-arrangement by telephone.
19. Collections made outside of our published hours will incur an additional fee that will be agreed prior to collection.
20. Any outstanding balance over and above the originally agreed boarding fee (for example, veterinary fees, additional days) is payable upon collection of your cat(s). No cat will be released until the balance is settled in full. If paying by cheque, please pay in full when dropping the cat(s) off for boarding.
21. Your cat’s inoculations for Feline Infectious Enteritis and Upper Respiratory Infection (Cat Flu) must be up to date.
22. Your cat’s up-to-date vaccination certificate will need to be presented prior to boarding. Please remember that your cat cannot be boarded without it (no exception), so ensure your vaccinations are boosted annually. This is in the interest of your cat’s health and those who are staying at The Willows Cattery at the same time.
23. Where a full course of vaccinations is required, these must be completed at least 7 days before boarding
24. The annual booster vaccination should be carried out at least 7 days before boarding.
25. As already stated in paragraph 14 above, no cat suffering from, or suspected of suffering from, any infectious or contagious disease can be accepted for boarding. The proprietor reserves the right to refuse admission to any cat showing signs of ill health pending advice from a Veterinary Surgeon. Owners will appreciate that this is essential to safeguard the health of all cats boarded at The Willows Cattery.
26. Male cats over the age of 6 months who have not been neutered will not be accepted for boarding.
Fleas & Worms
27. An effective flea management programme requires treatment by a vet-recommended formula every 4-6 weeks. If your cat is not on a regular flea treatment programme, please apply a flea treatment such as Frontline just before your cat comes to board with us.
28. If your cat has not been wormed within the last three months prior to staying with us, please administer an appropriate worming treatment before boarding commences.
29. If we find that a cat boarding with us has arrived with fleas and/or worms, we will administer appropriate treatment. In the event that your cat(s) have arrived with fleas, then a full deep clean of the affected chalet will be undertaken and the appropriate treatment administered at the cost of £40, which will be added to your final invoice.
30. We are happy to accommodate cats on medication. We can administer medication either orally or in food, but we are sorry to say we do not take insulin-dependent cats.
31. We will ask for your written authority to call a veterinary surgeon on your behalf should we consider it necessary.
32. Veterinary attendance is assured, and any treatment considered advisable will be carried out at the owner’s expense. Any outstanding veterinary fees must be paid prior to collection.
33. Whilst every care and precaution is taken during boarding, responsibility can only be accepted at the owner’s risk.